Risk Off “ trade Theme so far today Reasons listed below:
- U.S. placed 8 Chinese Companies on A blacklist due to human rights violations, China Said stay tuned for retaliation
- U.S. is looking at ways to limit capital flows into China, with A particular focus on investments made by U.S. Govt. pension funds(Bloomberg)
- Boris Johnson’s government is preparing for Brexit talks to collapse, a move for which it will blame Ireland and European Union leaders, according to a text message from one of the prime minister’s officials reported by the Spectator magazine.
- An estimated 40 U.S. state attorneys general will participate in a probe of Facebook Inc, a source said on Monday, suggesting many more states want allegations of anticompetitive practices at the social media company investigated.(Reuters)
- The Caixin China services purchasing managers index slipped to 51.3 in September from 52.1 in August, Caixin Media Co. and research firm Markit said Tuesday(Reuters)
- Samsung projects 56% fall in profit for Q3 on lower chip prices(FT)
- China halts NBA pre-season Broadcasts after Tweet From Rockets GM supporting Hong Kong protestors
Spoos off lows down 18 handles.-.6% Nasdaq -.6% Stoxx 50 -.9 Italy’s Mib -1.1%. GBP -.6% vs Dollar, Bunds + 17 ticks with above average volume so far today. Treasuries bid and gold slightly higher.Crude -1.4% as it follows the ebb and Flows of trade talks.
7:30 PPI minor Importance as markets paying more attention to growth metrics then Inflation
12:30 Feds Evans
1:30 Powell speaks at the NABE conference text and Q&A