Layoff news, past 24 hours: (CNBC)
- Disney: 28,000 jobs cuts
- Shell: 9,000 *
- Dow: six percent of workforce
- Marathon Petroleum looking towards more layoffs
- CONTINENTAL APPROVES RESTRUCTURING, MAY LEAD TO 30,000 LAYOFFS
- China preparing to launch an anti-trust prob into Google (New squawk)
- JAPAN TO OFFER COVID-19 VACCINE FOR FREE TO ALL JAPANESE: JIJI
- Rumor: London lockdown reportedly coming next week. But remember, the virus is now “localized”.
That debate last night did not damage Biden in the least, but it did long-lasting damage to our system of democracy and to our ever-declining standards as Americans. (@girlsreallyrule) …. 69% of people who watched were annoyed,19% pessimistic (CBS poll) This did nothing but diminish the country’s dignity Bloomberg opinion. Per the Hill Biden campaign says it raised a one-hour record $3.8 million during debate… people positioning for chaos post-election may have gotten a taste of it last night as the debate was an acrimonious affair and could be a sample of the fight post-election.. Markets not a fan of chaos and the prospect for more to come
Lost in the shuffle yesterday both French and German Inflation data missed to expectations, does not present confidence in overall EZ CPI data released on Friday. Watching 1.1632 in the spot Euro as the level that could indicate that the Up move or the trend higher in Euro is done. hate to repeat as the Dollar so goes markets. End of Quarter and End of Month today Crop report at 11:00 A.M. ADP released this morning beat Consensus but fell within range of Expectations, Some positive Virus news from Moderna and Regeneron not helping market sentiment as A feel of angst prevails over stocks treasuries lower could just be Month/Quarter end movement.