- Gamma games. The most-shorted shares in the Russell 3000
witnessed a 6.77% rally yesterday and is up a robust 40% since
the beginning of the year, and a whopping 303.46% higher from
the March 18th low. -Mizuho
- ECB’s Knot and Said that “ECB could lower rates to counter Euro Strength.”
- Microsoft Upgraded post Earnings by Citi and Morgan Stanley
- A Big bearish treasury play being executed overnight via Options which pays off if 10-year yields move above 1.27%- BBG.
- *EU CONSIDERING STRICTER HEALTH BORDER CONTROLS: FRENCH GOVT
- AMC SHARES MORE THAN TRIPLE PREMARKET ON OVER 100M SHRS TRADED.
- Hit by both the grounding of the 737 MAX and then by the global pandemic that paralyzed its airline customers, Boeing suffered a massive net loss last year of $11.9 billion, the largest in its history. St. news/39kn
- Dr Scott gotlieb said to wear Double masks as the new Virus strain spreading in US.
Risk Off Why?
Frankfurt’s DAX 30 falling more than 1.5% after the EU said AstraZeneca pulled out of a call with governments over rollout plans while the drug maker said it still planned to take part. Traders remain concerned about the slow pace of vaccination across the continent while infections continue to rise. -Trading Economics
French Gov’t spokesman Attal: Various scenarios being examined, including keeping current COVID-19 curfew system, as well as harder measures.
*EU CONSIDERING STRICTER HEALTH BORDER CONTROLS: FRENCH GOVT
Dollar Bid today as well +.3% not good for risk so Copper -1.3% (even as GS says buy Now) Silver -1.4% platinum -2% Gold -.7% Zinc 2 -month lows, iron ore -.86% but not grains ..Soy +1.45 Corn +1.8% Demand continues to surge from China, Palm oil closed overnight +3.89%,Canola touched limit bid yesterday +1.38% So far today .Aussie dollar down .7% fits with the risk Off Sell commodities theme. Treasuries small Bid not playing the Risk Off game to full extant. More rumblings of Currency wars no one wants currency to strengthen.
Big earnings after close Apple, tesla and FB Fed decision a nonevent today look at for any comments regarding Asset bubble, Fed will not hint at an early taper.